This group offers a variety of social fellowship opportunities for parishioners ages 40 and over. There are a variety of activities to choose from:
- PLAYS AND MUSICALS – UNC-Charlotte; CPCC; Blumenthal; Old Concord Courthouse Theater; Davidson Community Players, etc. (followed by dinner)
- MONTHLY CRAFT DAYS – Usually held on a Saturday or Sunday. Previous crafts: Easter/Spring Deco Mesh Wreaths, Paux Pandora Bead Necklaces, Halloween ceramic painted pieces, etc.
- MONTHLY LUNCHEONS – On the last Sunday of each month held at various local restaurants at 1:30 p.m.
- MOVIE NIGHT/AFTERNOON – This takes place usually on a Friday evening, or Saturday/Sunday afternoon.
- DAY TRIPS – Such as a cruise on the Catawba Queen, visit to Belmont Abbey, Hot Air Balloon Festival in Statesville, tour of Shelton Vineyards and Mt. Airy (Andy Griffith Museum), Biltmore Estate, Harrah’s Cherokee Casino, etc.
- NEW YEAR’S EVE AT THE SPEEDWAY – This is an annual event – Mystery Dinner Theatre: a fabulous dinner, entertaining theater performance that involves the audience, hors d’oeuvres, drinks, and most important… the fellowship of friends.
- BUS TRIPS – 2 to 5 days, i.e., Savannah; Lancaster, Pennsylvania Amish Tour; New York City, etc.
For more information please contact Barbara Sands.
Joyful Hearts, for those 50 years and older, are meeting for lunch on Sunday, January 29 at 1:30 p.m. at La Madeleine Country French Café (formerly Mimi’s Café), 10224 Perimeter Parkway, Charlotte 28216. Please join us for an afternoon of fellowship. If you are interested in joining us, please call or email Barbara Sands: 704-720-0727, email@example.com , so that reservations can be made.