The Parish Council of St. Thomas Aquinas works to build the parish as a living Christian community. Members help to facilitate the implementation of the pastoral plan in cooperation -- and coordination with -- the seven parish commissions. Members are chosen from parishioners expressing interest. Other responsibilities of the council include:
- Collaborating with the pastor in giving concrete direction in the implementation of his vision for the parish
- Providing a model of dialogue, collaboration, and shared decision making in its attempts to further the mission of the Church
- Calling the people of the parish to action in relation to the pastoral plan
- Ensuring that the pastoral plan is properly updated in a routine and timely fashion
- Coordinating with the various lay associations recognized by the Church
Chairperson: Joe Bjerg
Vice-Chair: Darryl Torres
Secretary: Ann Marie Smith
Members: Myrna De La Cruz, Todd Greene, Ed Jones, Lisa Miller, Charlie Simoneaux, Kathleen Springer
Your Input Counts!
Do you have feedback on an issue that affects our entire parish? We'd love to hear from you. Send us your feedback and contact information.