The holidays are approaching and that means “COOKIE WALK” here at St. Thomas Aquinas. Every year, this bake sale is an enormous fundraiser for our parish. We want Cookie Walk 2016 to be a splendid one featuring a variety of cookies, desserts and other specialties!
COOKIE WALK falls on the first weekend of December on the 3rd and 4th and we need your participation! Volunteer your time and talent in baking and your treasure, too. Mark your
- All families must be registered parishioners of St. Thomas Aquinas in order to use Religious Education services.
- All students must have a copy of their Baptismal Certificates on file with the Religious Education office before they can attend classes.
- Confirmation students must also have copies of their Baptism & First Holy Communion certificates on file with the Religious Education office.
- Class Times: All classes run 1 hour, except for the 9th grade Confirmation class.
- Independent Study Program is available for non-sacramental years. Please see link in sidebar for more information.
Information can be found in our Religious Education Handbook.
Religious Education Classes
Education of the faith begins at home in the “Domestic Church”. The parents are the primary teachers of faith. St. Thomas Aquinas offers classes for every grade 1-9, teens and adults to help foster a growing faith. We also provide opportunities for each person to receive the Sacraments and grow in greater communion with our Lord.
Where do I belong in Religious Education?
Grades 1 - 9
Religious Education at St. Thomas Aquinas is rooted in Sacred Scripture. It is faithful to the Tradition of the Catholic Church and guided by the Holy Spirit. Our program is centered on the Person of Jesus Christ, inviting relationship with God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. This program encourages a living faith within the Domestic and Universal Church.
Built and grounded on the four pillars of the Catholic Faith (Creed, Liturgy and Sacraments, Commandments, and Prayer) our program uses the six tasks of catechesis (which are to promote: knowledge of the faith, Liturgy and Sacraments, Morality, Prayer, Community/Mission of the Church, and how to be active Christian members of society) to teach the children their Catholic Faith. Please see the specific curriculum listed in the front of the Religious Education Handbook.
There are two ways to register for Religious Education.
If you would like to pay online for Religious Education, please Click Here and be sure to email a copy of your receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise, a check (payable to: St. Thomas Aquinas, with Religious Education in the memo line) may be mailed to us at:
St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church
Attn: Religious Education
1400 Suther Road
Charlotte, NC 28213
If you are in need of financial assistance, please contact the Religious Education office.